Rocca Borromeo di Angera

Rocca Borromeo di Angera

Probably built on the site of an ancient Roman fortress. The medieval Rocca di Angera was a possession of the archiepiscopal from the 11th century.

In 1449 the Ambrosian Republic sold it to the Borromeo family who still own it today.

Frescoes of great importance, dating back to the 14th century, decorate the "Hall of Justice" by telling stories of Archbishop Ottone Visconti and in particular of his victory over the Torrioni in 1227.

From the "Torre Castellana" you can enjoy a panorama of rare charm with the wide expanse of the lake, Arona, the Prealps and the Alps.

In 1988 the first Italian "Doll Museum" was opened. Over 1000 dolls and objects of the theme play and childhood are on display, from the private collection of Princess Bona Borromeo, from donations and continuous acquisitions.

From Hotel Riva it is possible to reach the Rocca Borromeo of Angera in 20 minutes by car.

For more information or to know our availabilities...

Contact us now!


0332 647170info@albergoriva.it

Via Lungolago, 14 - 21038 - Reno di Leggiuno (VA) ⋅ Riva Snc di F.lli Rattaggi - P. IVA: 02479990125

Segui l'Hotel Riva su Facebook!